Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Camera

So I finally bought a new camera. Its a Cannon Powershot. It is my costliest possession here. Last time it was the photo-frame I bought for my parents(Photo-frame before Camera!!!! Weirdo) But yeah I spent a good 5 days in deciding which one to buy.

Jagdish gave me a lot to look for when buying a camera in our Saturday morning discussion. The guy has like a bagful of cameras( wonder why??). He told me a lot of things 'grain size', 'shutter speed', 'aperture size', 'focal length' etc etc. After a lot of research,( my favorite word now)I boiled down to two models SONY DSC-S950 and CANNON A480. Meanwhile my Papa was coaxing me everyday since I told him that I would buy a camera soon. And finally on Saturday, I bought the SONY after reading a lot of online reviews and digging the saleswoman in BEST BUY for half an hour.

The camera kind of makes a weird sound when giving a flash but all in all the picture quality is great. 10 megapixels. What do you expect? But the story does not end any soon. My Papa woke me up early on Sunday to shoot photo of the campus and send to him. Sunday was probably the "HOTTEST" day on Campus. And there was no bus service available. I had to loiter around in bright Sun all afternoon to get pictures for him. Tried some nature photography but I am not to great at that. I guess when you first get a new gadget, age hardly matters. You become a kid having all the energies to conquer the world.

Sooner I realized that GOOGLE has a software PICASA for uploading the picture. I hate GOOGLE. Has everything you would ever want. No scope for artists like me. Anyways its always good to have a camera. Helps capture the moment as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment