Sunday, February 15, 2009

OF BROKEN RACKET

So the badminton has become an on and off thing recently. But still its too mouth watering to resist. Beating the my old nemesis, the cold, I was back on courts. I don't seem to enjoy the doubles. Its too difficult for someone as new as me. The placement has to immaculate 80-90% times, else your opponent would kill you. Still I am average and hope to improve in future.

I got to play with Sudarshan after a long time. I wanted to see how mich I had improved. To my surprise I actually had. Lesser smashes down my legs, sometimes he was running around and I was dictating terms. My timing had become better and I was watching the shuttle better. But as little technicalities are take care of other issues like stamina and agility on court become more important parameters. It was only a 15 minute hit but I was already all sweaty and panting badly. But these are not major issues.

So after two near losses, we started playing with another pair. I was paired with this chapta who is I guess the GOD player. As expected I was the bottleneck and we are already behind 3-5. Cat among pigeons. And I am moving all around the court sometimes taking his shots also. And it finally happened. A high shuttle towards the back of the court and we both raced. I am much tller than him and hit the shuttle with good power. But I also collide with the chapta. And some loud noise. His racket fractured badly from the middle. The loss of the racket proved too much for him and he clearly looked all shaken up. I went up and apologized. He took in the lighter vain but I knew he was upset. Loss of 120$ racket or anything in a flash is difficult for anyone.

All the chaptas near were uttering some chinese gibberish. Surely they were giving of lot of bad mouth to me. They might have expressed a little emotion for the chapta but more abuse at me. I simply hated thesec chapte for this. There talk is sometimes so annoying that you feel like hiting them. Nevertheless I was also all upset and caught the next bus to home.

The good thing was my racket survived the accident. I could hardly imagine before the incident that something of that could happen to any racket. The metal frame is too fragile I guess. But then you really can't imagine that anything could happen to your car unless it really does. Lesson learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment