Friday, February 6, 2009

Some new people

So I was still on apartment hunt on this Monday. I went to see some North Indian Desi people in Parkway. Again people from the same old age group of 28-30. However hard you may try, its very difficult to come to the same wavelength with people with some offset with your age. You talk with them with respect. That 'JI' word. The 'AAP' work. Literally and figuratively. The comfort level does not come.

After few usual intro questions, I was offered Beer. 'Beer'. My adviser in India, on my recent visit, popped his first question that "did you drink BEER in America?". I told that I had plenty of it here. Not plenty. But still I drank it almost at every special gathering. Then every-time when I got a chance on flight.I gladly took the BEER. Then I was offered 'Smoke'. No thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment