Thursday, January 22, 2009

The early morning Sun

So every morning there is a race. A race to occupy the bathroom between me and Jagdish. I should use 'Sir'. He is at least ten years older to me. A really nice guy. That I broke his bowl, but he was at his own calm self. Just told to get another bowl from 'Walmart'.  

So Jagdish and me are early morning people. We look to leave as early as possible. I do not know why a guy who is completing his Phd needs to leave so early. Its understandable for someone like me, who is really struggling with graduate career, to be up and running early morning. Nevertheless when one occupies the bathroom the other has to wait for at least 40 minutes. Longer for me as Jagdish applies a lot of creams to keep those wrinkles under wraps.

But I have another motivation to rush to department so early. The Sun Rise. So my office room was changed by my advicer at the beggining of the semester. That place really sucked with a lot of people in the cooridor and a very big room with a lot of chinese clatter. But I never expected to have the sun staring right in my face. Its an amazing feeling to see the sun rise at around 7 in the morning. Although I never liked my mamma's repeated requests for getting some Vitamin D in winter's., but the morning sun is something I missed since my school days ended. College was all about late classes. The whole picture of the sun coming out from behind the mountains is something everyone wants to see. And I get to see that everyday.

I do not know when my honeymoon with the early sun would end. But for now I am enjoying it.


No comments:

Post a Comment