Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A colorless Holi

So now it is Holi. Last year it was Diwali. No celebrations here. Just the same old office/library. Go in morning. Come back in the evening. Even the clubs are closed in the spring break. Life sucks in breaks over here.

Nevertheless, Holi was never a special affair back home. Some pakoras in the morning and then dahi papdi in the evening. Mamma never got after me to clean the my books and the cupboards. She only did that at Diwali. But as a kid I remember I used get a new pichkari every year and after Holi I used to preserve it for the next time. I remember how I used to prod my father a few days before Holi to get the preserved one repaired(always the valve used to get screwed). I do not why because I anyways used to get a new one. I guess kids are complicated and simple at the same time. 

Don't know how Mamma and Sonu celebrated this time around. Surely they would not have celebrated as we did the last time. Mamma won't play with water at all. But the three of us just drenched each other. Papa sprayed water on us from some distance. And each of us watered the other person when he least expected. 

Apparently Sonu has painted something this time around. But I have a suspicion. He perhaps more busy than me, to find any time at all.

Whoever reads this: HAPPY HOLI.





No comments:

Post a Comment