Saturday, March 7, 2009

Things that I miss sorely

Well to all the readers. Intended and unintended once. Apologies for the grammatical and spelling mistakes in my blogs. I do not have a sound ANGREZI background, although I come from a convent school. But from now on its a promise that you would have to make lesser effort to read and understand.

So after an up and down week, I was really depressed on Sunday. Not really depressed but the comfort level wasn't there. I got up late. Ate something. Do not remember what was it. I guess might have been cereals and milk. Then I fucked the time watching two movies. Now it was already evening. I had not bathed. More frustration. I decided to go to Guntas for  chat. But I hadn't brushed my teeth either. God! A miserable day indeed.

Perhaps watching the movies made me yearn even more about being in Delhi. first I saw Rock On. Then I was really wondering what life I am leading here, without my best friends and my family. If that wasn't enough, I saw Slumdog. That was it. Seeing all sorts of people in the city and the whole city was enough. My mind just oscillated between craziness and blankness all the time there after.

One interesting observation. The hard core hindi movies just show everything which is not Indian. They would show people in there personal lives, their problems and how they fight it out or don't fight it out. They would show songs, heroines with lesser apparel, villains with metal rods and heros with chocolate sweetness. There is everything which you can fantasize about in your dreams, but never get it.

What Slumdog really did right, for which it got Oscars, was that it portrayed people in the surroundings to which they really belong. It showed people as they are in India. Simple. They showed the Taj. They showed the railways. They showed the call centre. They even showed the litter rooms. True there was a love story. But then you need one. Else there is no motive to make a movie.

When I saw people on streets, especially the girls, I really thought if the life over here is really that much worth. You really can't get a live feed of cricket matches here, only the highlights. The excitement of watching a live match is different. Now I get blankly stare at the live scorecard. The food is always not good. Then there is obviously the family. 

I remembered when I used go out for walks in the evening with mamma. We used to get fruits from our fruitwala. Sometimes I used to purchase stationery from Laxmi and Sonu would argue about the quality of things. Then we used to get bread fro the shop opposite to Laxmi. Sometimes we would buy chocolates for some occasion or no occasion. Sometime I would go to our Homeopathic Doctor for medicines, mostly for cold. Then after coming home I and Sonu would fight over turns about carrying dinner to Dadi and Baba. Then would fight again who use the internet cable.

I know that time would not come back. I guess the only memory I have had in the few months about the evenings have been getting the milk or going for badminton.

No comments:

Post a Comment