Saturday, March 28, 2009

The night when it finally happened

So I am pissed the whole day, about the discovery of Balaji's sickining acts. Who the fuck takes your socks without your knowledge. Socks!!! Can't believe it. I had decided to let it out at him in the evening. I talk to Jagdish about the incident, looking for some sympathy. But Jagdish is Jagdish. All practical and suave. He gives me essential tips. But I am thinking if he would have done the same had Balaji worn his under garments and left them over at some corner in the house. I went to office but I could not work. I then went to see the movie but I could understand little. I left the movie in the middle and went home. Even the Seinfeld's could help me break a smile. I mean taking food without permission is still bearable, but picking up someone else's clothes is just crossing the line by a mile.

He comes in around 1:20 am and I am all flared up. This was when I had not slept in nearly two days. I approached him and asked him if he took my socks from my suitcase. As excepted the reply was no. I show him the corner where my socks lay, all fucked up. I picked and showed him those and asked him to admit. This was his trademark. He would use a pair till its unusable and then throw it off. I had the evidence. But still he denied. Worse still, he had absoluetly no shame in his eyes. I knew he was thick skinned, but I actually expected him to be nice enough to roll his eyes and look around. But that was my tipping point.

I told him that I won't pay him the full rent from April. I had stronger facts and I was in position to assert myself. I told him that it was convinient for me not to pay him the full rent as it was convinient for him to use any of my stuff without my permission. I had planned this earlier, but little did I knew that it was going to lead to his admittance to sorts. He was now shouting at me saying that this was good excuse of not paying the rent. To which, I replied that I was assitance and had no problem in paying the decided rent. As I was retiring to sleep, he continued arguing. That's when the bubble really burst. I pointed out all his cheap tricks, though he kept dening. My voice was now floundering. After around twenty minutes he lost his cool. He told me lower my voice or else. May be we were at the point of blows. But I did not die down. My adreline was so high that I could have run 1 mile. Joking. But yeah I found it difficult to doze off even one hour atfer out fight ended.

When he just could not put with my arguments he resorted to the old high school tricks. He said I should talk to him only when I get a decent enough GPA to match his. Saala tin kahika. He then said that my voice was girlish. Then came the statement of admittance. 'Perhaps I should use all your stuff like today' as he threatened me. It did not occur to me at that time but today morning last nights confrontation really began to make sence to me. All his highschool tricks just pointed to fact that he was guilty. Maybe Jagdish was also listening to our fight and he also got the point. Balaji was saying sorry for the last two statements in the morning which sort of conformed that. He tired to act innocent all morning moving around in HIS socks, but I guess the fallout had happened.

I did not want to write this piece. No nobody wants to write something unpleasant. But Today I felt that I finally put it across someone. I used to find it strange when my father used to fight on smaller issues like parking space, but now I know the demarcations of ones liberty. It was perhaps the first time I argued with someone for over 30 minutes standing up for myself. I can't say it was victory for me, but still I feel good today. I think I finally came out of the cocoon at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment