Friday, April 10, 2009

The beautiful lady at SUBWAY and the Jalpenoes

So another day at office without any lunch from home. People enjoy Rajma Chawal but trust me after a while the home feels like a prison of sorts where you only get one type of food day in day out. Can't really remember when was the last time I cooked them. I guess this Monday. That's it. Rest of the time kept eating the bread and butter. And gained at least an inch around the waistline. 

So I am hungry like a dog on Thursday afternoon. So after a mandatory TA hours and serving some of the clueless undergrads, I decided to go to my only place in emergency, THE SUBWAY. Being a veg is like a curse here. Just exaggerating a bit. You could go to the HUB, but its like an eternity when you are hungry. So SUBWAY it is.

Its again crowded at the SUBWAY. I finally get my turn and order a VEGGIE MAX. After all the order for the servings on the footlong, I am waiting for my order. The girl serving the the vegetables on the footlong is really beautiful. And as usual I am staring at anything that is worth it. Not that I really like that I am like that all the time but sometimes. I think 7 out of 10 times I guess. Her facial features are sharp and she has this seriousness about her. Not like the regular ones, who are friendlier and chatty. She goes about her business very formally. You know sometimes its not the person's looks but their style which is very attractive.

So I am staring at her. I mean not the way people do in Delhi. Its more subtle. Odd stare of 10 seconds very 20 seconds. Exaggerating a little. There's not much time actually. But you get the idea. My footlong is ready and hot and she asks me for the dressings of vegetables. As usual lettuce, tomatoes, onions. Newer names that I recently learnt are olives and peppers. And of course Jalpenoes. What is Jalpenoes? Who cares if a beautiful lass is serving you. No puns intended.

So our lady grabs and puts all the jalpenoes she could with her beautiful hands. GG is now thinking what an afternoon. Honey Mustard please. That's it. The customer is more than satisfied for the 5$ price.  So I go to a corner and start munching the footlong. Munching!! What the hell? The jalpenoes. As three of them passed into my stomach, there's a fire of sorts. I resisted, but as I gobbled the rest of the dish my stomach really began to shout for fire brigade. The seven or eight jalpenoes really lit every part of middle body. Its not unbearable but its not comfortable as well. As I began to leave, I turned to look at the beautiful lady again. Still confused, if that was in agony or the old Delhi boy stare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment