Friday, April 17, 2009

Free Dinners

So I have not cooked since last ten days. I have been eating mostly at my friends places now a days. I go home late. And then I am too tired to think anything. Then I mostly sleep.

So its another late night at office. I catch the bus around quarter to ten in night. I meet a friend of mine whom I play badminton with. We are like banter buddies and try to out think each other just as we do in badminton. He is a post Doc. I think much older than me. He owed me five dinners as I beat him and his friend in a doubles vs singles match. Again in lighter vain. But he invited me over to his house. And prospect of another free dinner is just too mouth watering.

He is an exceptional cook. He made good DAL and the BHARTA was awesome. Though never liked it when Mamma made it but then things are different now. He goes to Pittsburgh often so he had plenty of rotis. I did not have such a satisfying meal for a long time now. Last time I guess when I was in India in December.

Interestingly his roomy thought that I was a Sardar. May be because of my thick beard. But I clarified that I wasn't. Not that he really cares. But still.

After the dinner I had good conversation with the host. He is obviously much wealthier than me in terms of the experience and the amount of things he has seen in life. He chatted from the train blasts in Mumbai to the current elections in India and why Advani was his favourite and why did he hated Sonia Gandhi so much. After a long time I met someone with extremist views against Muslims which I consider rare. He told me that I was just too cool and open minded for my age. May be that's because of my father or my ignorance I really can't decipher that. 

The litchi juice was awesome too. I then he even dropped me off at my place in Southgate. So much for the dinner but the guy's hospitality was a relief of sorts. Goodness still exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment