Friday, April 17, 2009

Cold NIght at NIttany

Balaji has extreme cold and cough this week. Sharing a room with such a person could be really painful. Firstly he is not the cleanest person in the world and secondly his cough is like the sound of a trumpet. Last few nights I woke up 2 to 3 times when he coughed. Sleep is such a precious commodity for me and when someone really wakes you up like that, it really pains even more badly.

So Tuesday night the cough was at its loudest. Can't really figure out if it was real or faked. But any ways I got some sleep in wee hours of morning. Sleep deprivation does not help in anyway and I am down for count for the whole day. So next day I decide to spend the night at my friends place in Nittany. The friend is a nice person, gives food, juice and the most important the guy talk. Long hours of work with hardly any talk with any one is tiring to say the least. But when I am with him, all the usual undergrad stuff comes out in full glory. From guy talk to hurtling abuses at anyone. Its like a time of a lifetime.

So I call it a day and go to sleep. But the room is cold. He puts on the heater for like 2 hours and then shuts it off. I ha some sleep but most off  the time it was cold and uncomfortable. Home is home I thought. No matter how much I hate Balaji but it is MY HOME. My mind is tuned that why now. Can't really blame my buddy, he has his own reasons. Heat is not free in Nittany. But I guees chasing comfort everywhere has become my thing.

So in the morning I race back home to snuggle in my warm bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment