Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Experiment Successful

Bored of the tortillas and rice, I finally decided to make parathas yesterday. Somehow for last some days, I am feeling a little homesick. Missing my MA a lot. So I brought a HUGE potato for the parathas, though my favorite are gobhi

I put the HUGE one on boil. But it won't. So I had to cut it into pieces. After the pieces got softer, I mashed them and added salt and mirch. And the mixture looked exactly like Ma used to prepare!! After doughing up the flour, I flattened out dough and the mixture. Tell you this is less messier than preparing the rootis. Though the amount of oil used was large( need not bother now that I go swimming daily), the first one was the most delicious. Add the tomato sauce and who can say that you are alone in America. I made two more with a little lesser oil but they weren't the same as the first one.

Sonu reminded me of our parent's wedding anniversary. And I took credit as the first one to wish Ma. Poor Sonu!! Not that I did not remember. I knew it was sometime in June. I was a little confused about the dates. I told Ma that I made ALOO parathas. She replied that my would wife would be petty happy with that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment